NOTE: Application date opens each year in mid-October. The deadline date for applications for Fall 2018 is January 10, 2018 (2018-2019 Academic Year).
- Please review the admission requirements by clicking on 'Degrees Offered and Application Requrements' found at this link: York University - Graduate Admissions. Select either MA or PhD for details.
- Follow the instructions and click "Apply Now" to complete the online application form first.
- Please refer to the Graduate Admission Package checklist to ensure that you arrange for all supporting documentation to be submitted before the deadline.
- After 72 business hours, a York student ID reference number will be emailed to you once the online application is completed. All applicants must use that York reference number to access MyFile.
- Select "Supplementary Program Information Form" and provide the contact information for your three referees. Provide academic references or at least one professional reference. Please note there is no functionality to remove or edit a referee's details once submitted. After you submit the names and e-mail addresses of your referees, they will be contacted by e-mail within 48 hours to submit their letter of recommendation, electronically.
- Visit "Supporting Documents" in MyFile to upload your CV, transcripts and writing sample. Documents must be in Adobe PDF format. Please ensure you have all supporting documents, as stated in the admission requirements. Once a document is uploaded, it cannot be changed , replaced or deleted.
- Refer to the tab 'After you Apply', accessed through Steps to Apply, for instructions on how to obtain an application status update and decision on MyFile.
- All programs offered by the Graduate Program in Critical Disability Studies only have one entry in September per academic year. Admission deferrals are not applicable. Applicants who decline the offer of admission by our programs are required to re-apply for admission for future academic years
- Applicants will be assessed on the basis of academic achievement and/or demonstrated capacity or potential for advanced work in an applied area. The statement of interest and submitted scholarly written work provide a basis for evaluating that potential.
- To ensure a fair and objective review process, the program will not comment on the deliberation of the Admissions Committee and is unable to provide written or oral evaluations to applicants after the decisions are made. No provisions exist for reconsideration of admissions after decisions are announced to the applicants.